Saturday, December 1, 2018

Inglorious Battle



Once in a while comes that day,
When Empire strikes and Death Eaters block my way.
For next door neighbour, it is just a Saturday;
To friends & family, I sound happier than weekday.

Little do they know, I am desperate to find a wand,
barely even holding lightsaber in my hand.
“Obi-wan Kenobi, you are my only hope.”
“Remember to tun on lights” Dumbledore, you once told.
But where are you two when I need you the most?

For universe this is a meaningless flake, 
But for me, my entire world is at stake. 
I know I am not a superhero and to call myself a ‘victim’ will be gutsy. 
May be a fool wounded by reality and locked up in fantasy?

Well now. It is just me. Nothing less, nothing more.
Deep breath. Count till five. Defying gravity, here I dive.
The only super power I hope I have, I bring it to my aid.
The false army of my vanity is already dead. 

Armed with only my pen and words, I conjure up the spell of thought.
On the scared home ground of ink &  paper, my inglorious battle is fought. 

Wounded. Beaten. Exhausted. Dishearten. 
I wonder if I want the day to end or begin again.
Because my tomorrows always hold a promise;
a promise of a new battle…
Curled up in bed, scrambling for strength
until dreams take the pain &  pen away-

Then again, every once in a while comes that day,
When Empire strikes and Death Eaters block my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aarz kiya hai...

Adhuri si dastan ki adhuri si ye baat hai, Alfaz hai kai hawaon me na lafzo ka sath hai. Har koi hai wakif is se ye jo te...